Parenting is very rewarding and enjoyable. It is also often challenging, frustrating and exhausting. Parents have the important role of raising the next generation, yet most people begin parenting not prepared for what lies ahead. There is no "right" way of raising healthy, well adjusted children.
It is up to us as parents to decide which values, skills, and behaviours we want to encourage in our child and to develop our own approach to dealing with our child's behaviour.
Whether you want some tips on how to handle a specific problem, or you want some ideas on how to promote your child's development, or you have more complex family issues,
parenting-help can tailor parenting advice to suit your needs.
Depending on what you choose, you can expect suggestions and ideas to help you:
• Build a positive relationship with your children
• Encourage behaviour you want to see more of
• Teach children new skills and independence
• Establish clear rules and give instructions that your children will follow
• Respond to misbehaviour immediately, consistently and decisively
• Use calm discipline strategies that work
• Take care of yourself as a parent
Individual parent sessions & counselling:
•Private sessions with a parenting help practitioner which covers the same skills worked on in Groups but with a more individualized and in-depth focus.
•If you want intensive coaching in positive parenting skills to help with aggressive or defiant child behaviour.
* Individual or couple counselling sessions may also be helpful for you to make sense of how you are feeling and coping with life situations.
* All courses we deliver are clinically-proven and evidence based. Click on the courses section to find out more.
CURRENT COURSES AVAILABLE
Courses & Counselling online
All courses or counselling sessions are now available online via Zoom or Whereby. All you need is to download the app onto your own compute, smartphone or ipad. Contact us to arrange this flexible way of completing your course or receiving counselling.
The Triple P – Positive Parenting Program takes the guesswork out of parenting. It is one of the few parenting courses in the world with evidence to show it works for most families.
Triple P gives parents simple tips to help manage the big and small problems of family life. Problems like toddler tantrums or teenage rebellion. Self-esteem issues. Bedtime battles.Disobedience. Aggression. Triple P can help you deal with them all – and more!